Want to create a boxing robe for your favorite boxer? You not only can use sleek silk satin fabric but also turn to rayon fabric to create boxing robe.
Prepare All Template Pieces for Boxing Robe
- Separate the sleeves from bathrobe. Rip open all stitches to get two sleeves, two front sections and one back section.
- Place each of them on the lining fabric, draw their shape, and cut out each piece from the lining fabric.
- Place each template piece on the outer fabric, trace around the shapes, and cut out the shapes from real stain fabric.
Assemble the Lining Pieces
- Fold each sleeve in hard the half-length direction, the right side inward. Sew a running stitch along the edges opposite the fold. Along the bottom cuff at each sleeve, fold the 1/2 inch fabric and sew a running stitch.
- Place the back section of the lining face up. Place the two fronts on the top with the right side facing down. Sew a running stitch with a 1/4 inch seam align the outer edges. On each side, leave an opening for the armholes.
- Fold the 1/2-inch fabric along the top edge and bottom hem of the boxing robe, sew these folds.
Assemble the outer fabric for the robe according to the above steps.
Fix Some Details of Boxing Robe
- Turn the right side of the lining robes out. Slide the sleeves of the outer robe into the sleeve of the inner robe. Hold the lining and the outer fabric cuff together. Pin the top edges of the two robes, as well as the sides and bottom hems of the robes together.
- Sew a slipstitch along each fixed part of the robe to attach the lining. Pull the right side of the robe out and put the lining fabric inside.
- Cut a piece of 48-inche satin ribbon, fold it in half, and sew it in the back center of the robe.