Making a simple nightshirt out of a sheet that you don’t need to use not only help to save money but also gives you a chance to perform a craft. Many bed sheets, made of linen or silk, can be used to make nightshirt, for these are thin and light. What’s more, linen nightshirt is able to prevent the sleeper from overheating.
- Apply sheet on a large, flat place, fold it half equally. Place a loose T-shirt that is long enough to be worn a nightshirt on the folded sheet, and remove wrinkles.
- Draw the outline of the model shirt on the sheet. Leave about 2 inches of fabric between the pattern you painted and the actual edge of the shirt to prevent you from marking the model shirt.
- Apply several needles around the edge of the pattern you painted to pierce the two layers of paper, which prevents the layer from separating and helps you cut out two identical halves of your nightshirt.
- Cut out the pattern you draw.
- Sew the 2 pieces of fabric together by using a sewing machine or a needle and thread. Do not sew the openings for the neck and armholes. Do not connect the bottom side of the fabric.
- Fold the fabric around the armholes, neck hole and the bottom of the shirt back by about 1 inch, and sew this fabric in the right place to create the hem. Finally, turn the shirt inside out and cut off any remaining string.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: