How Is Silk Produced In India
How is silk made in india?
India silk is extracted from mulberry silkworms, and from silk moth cocoons often collected in the wild.
- Silkworms Extracting raw silk starts by cultivating the silkworms with mulberry leaves. Silkworms create cocoons. Placing cocoons in boiling water gets individual long fibers to be extracted and fed into the spinning reel.
- Antheraea mylitta Extracting Tussah from the cocoons produced by the Antheraea mylitta moth.
- Antheraea pernyi moth Extracting Oak tussah from the cocoons produced by the Antheraea pernyi moth
- Philosamia ricini in northeast India Extracting Eri from the cocoons produced by the Philosamia ricini.
- Antheraea assama Extracting Muga from the cocoons produced by Antheraea assama.