How to Remove Old Oil Stains From Silk
1. Place silk item on a flat surface.
2. Apply baking soda or cornstarch or salt on the stain.
3. Leave the powder on the stain for several hours, absorbing the oil.
4. Brush off the powder.
5. Repeat the process if any stain remains.
6. If the stain is stubborn, you can try the following options.
- Dry clean the spot. You can do this by a professional. Or, you can do this by using a home dry cleaning kit. Do not apply this solution of silk ties for pressing can ruin their rounded edges.
- Rub a little dish liquid into the stain, and then rinse it out. It is recommended to use distilled water to avoid getting a water stain. In order to prevent a water stain, you can dry the silk with a hair dryer on cool air or in front of a fan.