How to Soften New Bed Sheets
How to break in new sheets
Rough new sheets will ruin your night’s sleep. Fortunately, we can soften stiff new sheets with common household items such as baking soda or vinegar. Here’s how to soften sheets with baking soda.
- Place new sheets in a washing machine.
- Add one cup of baking soda to the machine.
- Set the machine to a regular cycle using warm water, and turn the washer on.
- Add a cup of vinegar during the rinse cycle. (It is completely optional.)
- Remove the sheets from the machine and hang outside to dry in the sun.
- Wash sheets a second time by using the regular amount of detergent.
- Dry outside or in the dryer.