Mulberry silk-filled comforters have many significant health and beauty benefits compared with traditional fillings.
- Silk is a natural insulator. Depending on the temperature, silk duvets either draw heat away from the body, or traps in the warmth. In the winter, the large fibres in silk duvets, reduce heat loss from the body, but in summer, the silk fleece sheds surplus heat by wicking away moisture from your body – keeping you cool and comfortable. This also means that one silk duvet/quilt will satisfy two sleepers with different warmth needs.
- Silk is naturally hypoallergenic. Silk Filled Duvet/ Comforter are resistant to dust and house mites, mildew, mould, and rot that attacks other fibres. Sufferers of asthma, blocked sinuses or other hay fever symptoms, can find relief in silk duvet bedding, as well as those with allergies to down or other synthetic material.
- Silk is composed of 18 amino acids. The same amino acids that are found in our own bodies. Medical studies have show that this can help blood circulation and your digestion system during sleep. It also helps to reduce the discomfort of itchy skin and aids in preventing vascular sclerosis.
- Silk duvets are also suited to children. Their lightweight nature and breathable qualities ensure a regulated, even, sleep temperature with no added chemicals for a healthier sleeping environment.
- Silk duvets provide the same warmth as down duvets. They are comfortable all year round due to their insulating properties.