How to care for silk pillowcases to preserve its beauty and beneficial properties for a lifetime?
- As silk is a delicate material with fine threads, you had better wash silk pillowcase via a washing machine with cold water and the “Delicate” or “Hand Wash” setting. A temperature of 30° Celsius/85° Fahrenheit, or lower is the best choice.
- It is recommended to use mild detergents.
- You had better wash silk pillowcases and bedding separately from other laundry items. If not, you should use a mesh laundry bag and then wash these items with machine.
- You can dry silk pillowcase by using a machine dry with the lowest temperature setting or the “Air” setting. After 20 minutes, remove silk pillowcase from the dryer. Then, let them dry fully on their own.
- If you want to iron silk pillowcase to remove wrinkles, you should use the silk setting on your iron. Alternatively, you can steam pillowcases to remove wrinkles.
- For any spill or stain, you should deal with them immediately. Do not let dirt or liquid set on your pillowcase. Once find stain, you should soak the pillowcase in cold water as soon as possible.
- Gently touch silk pillowcase. Silk pillowcase can be used for long time with proper care.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: