Eye mask blocks unwanted light and helps your body produce melatonin to let your body naturally fall asleep. Besides bedroom, sleep mask can be used in many other places, and it has different uses including relaxation and meditation. Therefore, before choosing sleep mask, you should firstly consider the prime use for your sleep mask.
1. The Material of The Sleep Eye Mask
- As we know, sleep mask material is very important.
- If you are allergic to certain materials and fabrics, you had better choose silk eye mask, for silk has the natural healing properties.
- If you want to choose a lightweight mask, you can choose bamboo eye mask. With it, you will feel a cool temperature all night long.
2. Sleep Eye Mask With Very Strong Light Blocking Capability
If you are sleeping in a very bright place, you had better choose a mask with very strong (99% to 100%) light blocking capability. A sleep mask that blocks 100% of the light is extremely important for night shift workers.
Some sleep eye masks, made of natural cotton, can block 99% or even 100% of unwanted light as long as they are correctly fitted to the face. And, they have different colors. What’s more, they are very affordable.