Silk bedspreads absorb moisture to keep you cool in the summer, but it hugs your body to keep you warm during winter. However, silk is a natural and delicate fiber. To make sure it remains like new for years to come, you can try the following simple steps.
- Fill a clean bath tub with warm water and add a mild detergent to submerge silk bedspread.
- Soak the silk bedspread several times in soapy water.
- Rinse the silk item until there is no soap left. Never wring it.
- After that, fill the bathtub again with warm water, and add 1/4 cup white vinegar, and then submerge the silk bedspread to neutralize any remaining soap residue.
- Finally, rinse it.
- Do not add bleach or fabric softener.
- Separately wash silk bedspread in cold water on the delicate cycle. Never add bleach or fabric softeners.
- Dry your silk bedspreads in the dryer with low heat. Do not dry it with direct sunlight, for that can damage the silk.
- You can take your silk bedspread to dry cleaned, if you aren’t comfortable washing it at home.
- Never wring your wet silk bedspread because silk threads weaken when wet and could tear.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: