Bathrobes can be dyed easily since they are made to be absorbent. Although most bathrobes are made of cotton, some are made from wool or silk. To different materials, methods of dying are also different.
Dye Cotton Bathrobes
- Wash bathrobe to remove any dirt or grease.
- Mix water and salt, and submerge the bathrobe in the mixture.
- Mix dye and hot water in a cup, then pour it into the mixture of water and salt.
- Submerge the bathrobe in the dyeing tub for 20 minutes, and stir it regularly.
- After 15 minutes, add a mixture of soda ash and water, keep it away from the bathrobe before it dissolves.
- Wash bathrobe in cold water to remove dye, let it air dry, and then wash it in a washing machine with cold setting.
Dye Silk or Wool Bathrobes
- Mix dye and water, then add a cup of hot water.
- Heat the mixture, and add salt.
- Add warm water, and submerge the silk or wool bathrobe in it.
- Put the container on a stove, and simmer it for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour 2/3 cup of white vinegar in the container, and simmer it for another 10 minutes.
- Wash bathrobe with warm water until the water runs clear.
Shop silk bathrobes online
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: