You may think a silk sleepwear with olive oil is ruined. In general, you can try the following method to remove the stain.
Steps to Remove Olive Oil Spots from Silk Sleepwear
- Immediately wipe the oil stain gently with an absorbent sanitary napkin to remove excess oil.
- Place the dyed portion of the shirt on a flat surface, and apply the talc or corn starch onto the stain for at least 20 minutes.
- Gently wipe off the powder with a soft, clean cloth.
- If the stain still remains, you can send it to a dry cleaner.
- Don’t rub the stain. Don’t press hard on it. Otherwise, the oil will go deeper into the silk fiber.
- It is recommended to purchase a spot-treatment product made especially for silk if you have several articles of silk nightwear.