Silk taffeta, a fabric made from white silk cocoons, usually has a glossy sheen or shine to it. Although sewing the fabric and pinning it back may cause some pin holes, there are a few ways to repair the holes caused by pins without causing further damage.
- Gently rub the pinhole with your finger, move with the grain of the fabric (either side to side or up and down), and gently move the fabric line to cover small pinholes.
- Keep the iron as close as possible to the fabric without touching it and then press the steam button. Next, hold the pinhole with your finger to secure the fabric in place. Repeat this three to five times.
- If the thread cannot stay from the steam, spray the area with a small amount of water. Then, press the pin hole between the two fingers until the water dries.
- Follow the fabric care instructions to wash the item. In a washing machine, the fabric thread can be moved to cover the hole.
- Remove the item from the washing machine and locate the pinhole. If you cannot find the hole, you can place your finger on the pinhole and gently wipe the area behind the fabric particles (left and right or up and down) to gently move the fabric threads to cover the small pin hole. This is done when the fabric is wet.
- Finally, dry the product as instructed in the fabric care instructions.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: