For some special occasions like weddings or awards ceremonies, people prefer wearing silk/ satin dress. However, what should you do if there are some wrinkles in the dress? Of course, you can ask a dry cleaner for help. But, what if you have no time to take it to a dry cleaner? In this situation, you can try the following 2 ways to remove wrinkles.
Use iron to get wrinkles out of a silk/ satin dress
- Put your iron in a low setting with steam.
- Iron on a small, discreet area of the dress to make sure the iron will not melt the material. After that, check the area to see if the wrinkles come out and silk/ satin still looks good.
- Turn the dress inside-out, place a fine cotton cloth or thin towel on it, and then iron over the cloth to remove its wrinkles. Alternatively, you can iron with the cloth on the right side of the material if you don’t turn silk/ satin dresses inside-out.
Use steam to get wrinkles out of a silk/ satin dress
- When you take a hot shower, hang your dress in the bathroom and close the door. In general, as long as you can build up enough steam in your bathroom, you don’t need to iron your dress.
- After 20 minutes, check the dress to see if the wrinkles are gone. If not, please keep it in the steamy bathroom longer.
- It is recommended to use a clean, fine cotton cloth to smooth the dress hanged in the bathroom.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: