Silk, one of the most luxurious fabrics ever made, feels as divine on the skin as it looks on the body. However, taking care of a silk sleepwear is much harder than standard laundry. Some useful tips are shown here to help you care for your silk nightwear.
- Wet the fabric is wet, and iron it. You can iron it after hand washing and gently wringing out any excess water. Or, you can iron it after sparing some water on it.
- The underwear is turned over while ironing to protect the smooth, finer top surface. Add water to your iron and turn it into the lowest steam setting.
- Before putting the iron down, place a damp and thick cotton handkerchief on the silk shirt to isolate the temperature. Keep the iron moving at all times and it doesn’t require too much time to work with the wrinkles of the shirt.
- At work, keep the silk and cotton handkerchief moist with a spray bottle. Once you have finished ironing, dry the clothes immediately. Any fine lines left in the silk will fall off as the shirt dries.
- You can use steam if you are too afraid to risk setting a hot iron on your fine silk.
- More often than not, you can hang your silk in the bathroom when you shower, and the wrinkles will quickly fall out of silk. If this is not enough, you can use a hand-held steamer with the highest steam setting on the iron and run steam from the cloth through a few inches while your coat is hanging.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: