It is a challenge to iron silk without damaging it. However, you can read the following information to know how to protect the fabric while you are press the wrinkles out of silk curtains or make your favorite silk blouse look presentable.
- Preheat the iron to medium, and make ensure that the steam option is turned off.
- Place a white towel across the ironing board to smooth any wrinkles.
- Place the silk item on the top of the towel, then press and hold it.
- Place another towel on the silk, and gently spray some water on it.
- Iron the towel.
- Remove the top towel and check its wrinkles. If it still exists, repeat the above steps.
- Hang the silk to cool it.
- Never use an iron on the high setting for silk fabrics.
- Never directly place the iron on silk.