Silk filled comforter has a beautiful finish with enough weight. You can create your own silk quilt with an intricate quilting pattern, brocade ribbons, beading or lush embroidery.
- Go to fabric store to look for silk remnants, and choose silk noil because it has a soft finish, resist wrinkling, and does not easy to wear. Note: if the the color faded when washing, you had better send it to dry cleaning.
- Calculate the amount of fabric and buy the desired color of silk. Before cutting, you should place a pressure cloth, low heat and ironing fabric on the wrong side. Then, draw a square on the wrong side of the fabric using a ruler and straight edge or template.
- Stack several layers of fabric in the incision mat, and cut through several layers with straight edges and rotary knives. Stack them neatly according to color
- Sew the squares together. Please keep the edges aligned so that the top and bottom are even. Put a few squares together. You can split the clips between each pair of threads when sewing 6 to 10 pairs of squares together.
- A square strip is formed by connecting pairs, and then four and eight pieces are connected until the desired strip length is achieved. Strip the straps together and carefully align the seams to achieve a uniform patch pattern.
- The top of the quilt is laminated to the lightweight backing fabric and pinned around the edge.
- Shredding the deviations and connecting them together to create a binding.