Luxurious silk clothing gives elegance and refinement to the air. However, if your garment accidentally comes into contact with sticky chewing gum, the effect can be quickly ruined. Besides, it is really hard to remove gum from silk. If you don’t want to turn to a professional, you can try the following steps to get gum off silk.
- Carefully fold the silk garment so that the chewing gum faces up. Be careful not to fold the fabric into the chewing gum. Otherwise, the chewing gum may spread to other parts of the fabric.
- Put the clothes in a large plastic freezer bag. There must be enough space in the bag so that the gum will not press too tightly on the plastic. Next, place the bag in the refrigerator for about 1 hour until the chewing gum is fully cured.
- Remove the bag from the freezer, and then remove the silk garment from the bag. Gently fold the affected area back and forth to crack the frozen glue from the shirt. If gum is till adhered to it, you shouldn’t aggressively pull or scrape the gum off of the garment.
- Apply a small amount of dry lotion to the contaminated area to remove any excess gum. First, test the fluid on a small, inconspicuous area of the garment to ensure that it does not stain or discolor the fabric. Next, wipe contaminated areas with a cotton swab or pad until the gum falls off if the fluid does not interfere with the test area. Never vigorously scrub the fabric. If there is any trace of gum on the garment, please consult a professional cleanser.
PandaSilk.com provides silk robes, silk pajamas & silk nightgowns.
- Plus Size Silk Sleepwear
- Silk Robes for Women
- Silk Robes for Men
- Silk Pajamas for Women
- Silk Pajamas for Men
- Silk Nightgowns for Women