Hairspray gives you that perfect hold your hair needs for your night out. What should you do if you accidentally get hairspray on silk? A regular pretreated solution cannot help to remove the stain. You can make stain removal mixture at home to remove the hairspray stains from silk carefully. Treat stains as soon as possible after staining. The older the stain, the more difficult it will be to remove.
Steps to Remove Hairspray Stains from Silk
- Use a damp rag to wet the dyed area.
- Apply a small amount of glycerin on the stain.
- Thoroughly rinse the glycerol on the hair dye with cold water.
- Dry the silk fabric.
- Do not dry it under heat for that can cause the stain to set in.
If this method doesn’t work, you can consult with a dry cleaner. You should test this method on areas of the silk fabric that are inconspicuous before use it.
Steps to Restore the Color
- First, look for fading caused by alcohol in hairspray.
- Second, add a few drops of denatured alcohol to a cotton pad.
- Finally, gently rub the denatured alcohol onto the faded area, from the larger area in the circle to the smaller circle, ending with the original stain.