Silk, a beautiful, luxurious fabric, requires special care. You cannot use a regular pre-treated solution to remove hairspray stain from silk clothes. On the contrary, you can try using stain removal mixture you make at home. Details are shown below.
Steps to Remove Hairspray Stains from Silk
- Use a damp rag to wet the dyed area.
- Apply a small amount of glycerin on the stain.
- Thoroughly rinse the glycerol on the hair dye with cold water.
- Dry the silk fabric.
- Do not dry it under heat for that can cause the stain to set in.
If this method doesn’t work, you can consult with a dry cleaner. You should test this method on areas of the silk fabric that are inconspicuous before use it.
Steps to Restore the Color
- First, look for fading caused by alcohol in hairspray.
- Second, add a few drops of denatured alcohol to a cotton pad.
- Finally, gently rub the denatured alcohol onto the faded area, from the larger area in the circle to the smaller circle, ending with the original stain.
PandaSilk.com provides silk robes, silk pajamas & silk nightgowns.