If there are some cosmetic stains on your beautiful silk nighties, you will feel pain and despair since silk is difficult to wash, and most detergents and other conventional cleaning methods may damage silk. In many cases, however, you can use a small amount of surprising reagent to easily remove the cosmetic from silk.
You should test all cleaning methods on a small, unnoticeable part before dealing with the stains.
Steps to remove cosmetic stains
- Determine the type of make-up stain you are working on since different types of cosmetics needs different cleaning agents.
- If possible, smudge the stain. Gently blot and scrape as much of the residue as possible if the stain is fresh or the makeup is caked on.
- Use denatured rubbing alcohol to remove lipstick stain. Apply a small amount of the rubbing alcohol onto a cotton swab or cotton ball, and then apply it to the stain. Stains can be directly referred to cotton balls. If not, you can circular motion use a toothbrush to gently rub the stain until it comes out.
- Use hydrogen peroxide to remove the liquid foundation, eyeliner and mascara. You have to make a test before cleaning since this can bleach some materials. Use cotton swab with hydrogen peroxide to absorb the eyeliner and mascara stains. When the stain leaves the fabric, the tip of the swab should be darkened. Do not scrub. You can use a new, clean cotton swab to blot and dab.
For other stains, you can use diluted household ammonia to use it. Ammonia is always diluted with ammonia at a ratio of 2: 1. This cleaning solution may remove any makeup stain from silk. Apply the solution to a clean cloth or cotton ball and wear gloves to protect your hands from ammonia contamination.
PandaSilk.com provides silk robes, silk pajamas & silk nightgowns.
- Plus Size Silk Sleepwear
- Silk Robes for Women
- Silk Robes for Men
- Silk Pajamas for Women
- Silk Pajamas for Men
- Silk Nightgowns for Women