Silk taffeta is widely used to make wedding dresses or other formal affair. However, most people may don’t know how to remove stains like perfumes, deodorant, makeup and hairspray from silk taffeta. In general, it is very difficult to remove these stains. Fortunately, if you quickly clean stains, you may have a chance to remove them from the taffeta dress. 2 solutions are shown below.
- Once you find stains, take it to a dry cleaner, for hand washing may change the dress’s look and feel.
- Tell dry cleaners what stains this is. Knowing stains can quickly find a suitable solution to remove it.
- Tell dry cleaners this is silk.
- If you are hurry, you can consider paying extra to have the dress cleaned at once.
- If you cannot find dry cleaner, you should try the following solution.
- Once you find stains, quickly use a moisten cloth to gently wipe the stains.
- As long as the instructions on the label of the clothes allow hand washing, wash it with warm water.
- Use a portable steamer to clean stains. Take the steam engine about 6 inches or more away for a few minutes. Wipe stains with a cloth.