Silk wraps are silk materials bonded to brittle, cracked or sharpened nails to enhance nail strength, protect nails and nail beds. To safely remove your silk wrapping, you can try the following method.
Steps to Remove Silk Wraps
- First, pour the acetone-based nail polish remover or acetone into bowl.
- Then, soak your silk wrapped fingernails in the bowl for about 2 minutes.
- Next, immerse the cotton balls in acetone and gently wipe the silk wrappers.
- If the silk does not fall off immediately, continue soak your nails again until the package is wiped.
- Finally, wash hands with warm soapy water, rinse, and then wipe with a towel.
- Because acetone is a solvent that can damage skin by dissolving tissue fat, you had better heavily moisturize your fingertip(s), cuticle and surrounding nail area.
- When using acetone or acetone-based products, you should always wear a mask – especially if you have a damaged immune system that suffers from a chemical sensitivity problem or an older person.
- If you breathe vapor, please move immediately to fresh air and ventilated rooms since acetone vapors can cause upper respiratory and mucus membrane damage, nerve damage, or permanent eye injury.
- If your skin is damaged by contact with acetone, consult a physician immediately.