After a long time of stock and packing, silk will wrinkle. And we usually get new silk fans with wrinkles since they are flat-packed for transportation and storing which can save shipping cost.
Wrinkles not only make fan veils look narrow than they are actually, but also prevent them from floating freely.
Iron Steam Removes Wrinkles from Silk
- In fact, steaming ironing machine can help to remove wrinkles quickly.
- Never use electric heating iron, for it will damage the fabric!
- Don’t press too hard on the silk fabric. Otherwise, the fabric will immediately flatten the steam.
- After steaming, place the teamed fabric in a flat place for a few minutes.
- Let it air dry, which can maintain the silk’s shape for a long time.
What should you do if you cannot find a steaming machine? Now, try the method below.
Shower Steam Removes Wrinkles from Silk
Hang the fans in the bathroom without touching any other surface while taking a shower. Then, the steam from the shower will begin to loosen the wrinkles of the items without damaging the fabric.