Euro pillow, a 26-inch square pillow, can make a visual impact, and can be used to decorate anything. However, do you know how to make a Euro pillowcase to change the look of room?
- Cut one square measuring 27 inches square, and two rectangles measuring 16 1/2 by 27 inches.
- Fold a long side of the back of a pillow to the wrong side or less abundant side of the fabric to form a 1/2 inch fold. Sew this fold securely near the fold line.
- Fold the same edge again by 1/2 inch and stitch it, and make sure this seam is very close to the first suture. In the other pillow case back piece, make these same two sewn folds.
- Place the pillow case front on table with the right side up. Then, lay one back piece on top of the front piece with the right side down, and make sure the hemmed opening edge is facing toward the pillow’s center and other three edges line up with the top, bottom and right hand edge of the front.
- Place the second back piece on the top of the front, the edges toward the center, and the other three edges in the front, bottom, and left side edges.
- Use a 1/2- inch seam allowance to stitch all of these layers’ edges together.
- Turn the pillow case right side out through the opening which is created between the two overlapping back pieces. Poke into the corners by using small object to make sure that they are sharp and there is no fabric. Slip pillow into the opening in the pillowcase’s back.
- You can sew tassels to the corners of pillowcase.
- You can change your decor with the seasons as long as you create a variety of cases in holiday fabrics.