Silk head scarf has many uses. For instance, it can be used to as a headdress or headscarf; it can be used to as the head of a patient who has just received chemotherapy. And, it is very easy to sew a scarf. Even if you are new user, you can easily complete this task in a few minutes.
Steps to Sew a Silk Head Scarf
- You can have different shapes and sizes of silk head scarf according to your preferences. Therefore, before making silk head scarf, you should decide whether you want a square or a rectangular silk head scarf.
- Measure the fabric with a rule, and then draw squares or rectangles by using the tailor’s chalk. On each side of the four sides, you should leave least 1/2 inch of hem allowance.
- The standard square wire scarf measures 22 by 22 inches, while the standard rectangular scarf measures about 22 by 72 inches. Use a sharp scissors to cut the fabric according to the shape.
- Place the cloth on the ironing board. Then, fold the edges at least 1/2 inch over. After that, use an iron to press the fabric. Next, fold the edges another 1/2 inch and press again.
- Sew the edge to create the hem. You should sew the edges with straight stitches if you use a sewing machine.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: