Silk, delicate fabric, cannot resist friction, twist, scrub or soak. Although some silk supports hand washing, most silk will be easily dyed if they are in contact with water. And, for pillow, you don’t know whether it is safe to wash it by hand for you cannot find a clear tag on it. Here, to clean your silk pillows to avoid water stains, you had better use a spot cleaner specially formulated for silk. It is recommended to remove stains before you dry it.
Steps to Spot-Clean Silk Pillows
- Scrape any substance carefully with a knife. If the contaminants are liquid, use a clean white cloth to wipe off excess contaminants.
- According to the spot cleaner’s instructions, you can apply silk spot cleaner to the second cloth or directly to the stain. If the instructions say to use cloth, you should blot the cleaner into the spot gently without rubbing the cloth.
- Keep the detergent on the silk until it reaches the time specified by the manufacturer.
- Wipe the detergent with a fresh piece of cloth.
- Check the area to see if the stain is still visible. If yes, repeat the above steps.
- Let pillow dry according to the spot cleaner’s instructions.
- Carefully read the silk spot cleaner’s manufacturer’s instructions before cleaning it.
- Never bleach silk, for that can damage silk permanently.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: