100% pure silk is very delicate, and it can be easily damaged by any wash, detergent-based soap or sunlight. So, to protect your 100 percent silk, you had better wash it by your hand. It is recommended to wash it with neutral-based pH-level soaps.
Steps to Clean 100% Pure Silk Clothing
- Place 100 percent silk in a bucket with warm water to prevent shrinkage.
- Add neutral or alkaline-based soap. Do not use highly acidic soap or soap containing detrimental detergents or bleach, for these soaps will damage the silk.
- Soak the 100 percent silk in soapy water for no more than 10 minutes, time cannot grow too, can damage the silk’s protein-based fibers otherwise.
- Scrub 100 percent silk gently to remove odors and stains. If you have to place the silk inside a washing machine or dryer, you should use the delicate cycle and mild soap.
- Hang 100 percent silk to dry, and avoid sun exposure because it fades the color of the wet silk. Do not use wooden drying racks, for they can stain the fabric.
Buy Silk Sleepwear Online
Our mulberry silk nightwear and sleepwear are all made of 100% pure long stranded mulberry silk fabric, featuring a variety of colors and styles, fashionable designs, customization available if required.