You might be hesitated to buy a beautiful silk garment which shows “Dry Clean Only”! In fact, as long as the stain is not terrible, you can successfully remove it at home instead of sending to dry cleaner.
Steps to Wash Silk Clothes
- Pour warm water in a bucket, and add 1/3 cup of gentle laundry detergent and a teaspoon of vinegar in it.
- Soak the silk item into the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the silk item with cold water to remove all residues, and then gently wring it.
- Place the silk item in a clean towel, and then roll up them to remove excess moisture.
- After that, unroll the towel, and then gently shake the item to remove wrinkles.
- Finally, hang it to dry.
- Before washing, you have to read the instructions on the silk clothes.
- If there are lots of stains on the silk and it is difficult to remove them, you should take it to a dry cleaner.
- Do not dry the silk in the dryer or let it expose to direct sunlight, as the intense heat can damage silk.