Silk is amongst the most easy fabrics to take care of. Also our silk fabric is produced keeping in mind your cleaning requirements. Our silk fabric is built to last and last well. However, as a rule, it is advisable to clean silk as little as possible, because silk will lose its special sheen if it is repeatedly or wrongly cleaned. Silk should only be dry cleaned professionally. In the case of an emergency, we have, however, added here some guidelines for keeping your silk clean and special as only silk can be.
- Chemical: Petroleum ether, turpentine, spirit of wine, benzine, benzene, surgical spirit, acetone and methanol are all flammable and must only be used in small quantities.
- Washing: Wash only with very mild soaps and only in a slow and tumble mode.
- Ironing: Use regular iron boxes with usual instructions for use on silks. Iron only after drying and hang to dry indoors, never in direct sunlight.
- Stains: Most stains will require expert help from a professional fabric care specialist.
- Blends: Care for blends on the same lines as pure silks.