It is really hard to clean 100% pure silk clothing, for any washing, detergent-based soap or sunlight can permanently damage it. Here, it is recommended to wash 100% silk nightwear by hand to prevent the fabric from being damaged. Even more important, you should use neutral-based pH-level soaps to wash it to avoid staining the fabric.
Steps to Clean 100% Pure Silk Clothes
- First, pour warm water into a bucket, and then place the silk in it.
- Second, add neutral or basic soap. Do not use highly acidic materials for that can damage silk.
- Third, soak the clothes in soapy water for less than 10 minutes, for long soak can damage the silk’s protein-based fibers.
- Fourth, scrub clothes to remove odors and stains. Do not place silk in a washing machine or dryer for that can damage the fabric. You should use the delicate cycle and mild soap if you have to use them to wash or dry.
- Finally, hang clothes to let it dry. Avoid direct sun for sun may fade the color of the wet silk. Do not use wooden drying racks since they can stain the fabric.
PandaSilk.com provides silk robes, silk pajamas & silk nightgowns.