Although silk pillowcases are more expensive than cotton pillowcase, many users like buying silk pillowcases because they are better for skin as well as hair and they are hypoallergenic.
How to Wash Silk Pillowcases
- Wash silk pillowcase with clean warm water without alkaline soap by hand.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Add pure white vinegar to rinse water to neutralize traces of alkali and dissolve soap residue.
- Roll mulberry silk pillowcases fabric in a towel, and then gently squeeze to remove excess water.
- Lay it flat to dry.
- Occasionally shake silk pillowcases while it’s drying to prevent stiffness.
- It is recommended to hand wash because mulberry silk pillowcases are very delicate.
- Don’t soak silk pillowcases for more than 3-5 minutes.
- Don’t wash it in very cold or hot water,
- Never use any harsh detergents that contain bleaches or brighteners.
- When you do the washing, make sure you separate the darks from the lights.
- Don’t wring it.
- Don’t use a wooden drying rack. Otherwise, the dyes & finishes can leave stains.