1. Silk Fiber Fillings
100% mulberry silk fibers.
2. Cotton Comforter Shell
White stripe shell, 100% cotton, soft, smooth, gentle, non-irritating to human skin.
How to Care for Silk filled comforters
- The comforter shell is a basic method to maintain the integrity of silk fillings, please don’t consider the shell as a duvet cover, put the silk comforter bought from us directly into a better professional duvet cover, either a cotton duvet cover or a silk duvet cover which you can buy from us.
- Never try to take the silk fillings out of the cotton shell, which usually ends up destroying the integrity of fillings.
- The key point is: Avoid getting silk fillings dirty, use duvet cover to protect it.
- Silk fillings should never be immersed in water. Neither hand wash nor machine wash.
- Never place silk fillings into dryer. You can put it under sunshine for a hour. Avoid strong summer sun.
- If you have stained your silk duvet cover, simply take the duvet cover off and wash the duvet cover.
Features of Silk Filled Comforter
- 100% mulberry silk
- Pure manually drawn, crisscross structure, long service life;
- As pure natural green product, natural silk prevents the skin from aging. Fine, smooth, soft, warm in winter and cool in summer, the silk protects the skin, promotes sleep, it is mite-resistant, antibacterial, absorbs moisture and release sweat; it is featured by excellent characteristics such as breathability, moisture absorption, humidity elimination, comfort, no static electricity etc.
- Safe sleep, our silk quilt is made from long fiber mulberry silk which effectively prevents users with respiratory diseases from inhaling dust and short fiber.
Health Benefits of Silk Filled Comforter
- Silk is a natural insulator. Depending on the temperature, silk duvets either draw heat away from the body, or traps in the warmth. In the winter, the large fibres in silk duvets, reduce heat loss from the body, but in summer, the silk fleece sheds surplus heat by wicking away moisture from your body – keeping you cool and comfortable. This also means that one silk duvet/quilt will satisfy two sleepers with different warmth needs.
- Silk is naturally hypoallergenic. Silk Filled Duvet/ Comforter are resistant to dust and house mites, mildew, mould, and rot that attacks other fibres. Sufferers of asthma, blocked sinuses or other hay fever symptoms, can find relief in silk duvet bedding, as well as those with allergies to down or other synthetic material.
- Silk is composed of 18 amino acids. The same amino acids that are found in our own bodies. Medical studies have show that this can help blood circulation and your digestion system during sleep. It also helps to reduce the discomfort of itchy skin and aids in preventing vascular sclerosis.
- Silk duvets are also suited to children. Their lightweight nature and breathable qualities ensure a regulated, even, sleep temperature with no added chemicals for a healthier sleeping environment.
- Silk duvets provide the same warmth as down duvets. They are comfortable all year round due to their insulating properties.