Our mulberry silk filled pillows are hypoallergenic, filled with 100% pure mulberry silk fibers. Shell is 100% cotton.
We make 100% pure mulberry silk from silkworm cocoons in Chinese villages
Silk fabric was invented in ancient China, and about 80% of the raw silk comes from China nowadays. We make mulberry silk from silkworm cocoons we collected from Chinese villages.
Health Benefits of Silk Filled Pillows
- Silk is a natural insulator. Depending on the temperature, silk filled pillows either draw heat away from the body, or traps in the warmth. In the winter, the large fibres in silk filled pillows, reduce heat loss from the body, but in summer, the silk fleece sheds surplus heat by wicking away moisture from your body – keeping you cool and comfortable. This also means that one silk filled pillow will satisfy two sleepers with different warmth needs.
- Silk is naturally hypoallergenic. Silk filled pillows are resistant to dust and house mites, mildew, mould, and rot that attacks other fibres.
Sufferers of asthma, blocked sinuses or other hay fever symptoms, can find relief in silk filled pillows, as well as those with allergies to down or other synthetic material.
- Silk is composed of 18 amino acids. The same amino acids that are found in our own bodies. Medical studies have show that this can help blood circulation and your digestion system during sleep. It also helps to reduce the discomfort of itchy skin and aids in preventing vascular sclerosis.
- Silk are also suited to children. Their lightweight nature and breathable qualities ensure a regulated, even, sleep temperature with no added chemicals for a healthier sleeping environment.
- Silk provide the same warmth as down . They are comfortable all year round due to their insulating properties.
How to Care for Silk Filled Pillows
- Silk Filled Pillow can’t be washed. To keep it fresh, take it outside and air it out. Leave it in the sun for a few hours.
- Use a pillowcase to protect silk filled pillows.