Almost everything has advantages and disadvantages, so does silk comforters.
Cons of Silk Filled Comforters
- High Cost: Making silk is a time-consuming, accurate and demanding process.
- Difficult to Care: Silk is very delicate. We cannot treat them like cotton. To remove some stains from silk, you had better send it to dry cleaning. Besides, frequent cleaning will short the life of silk.
Pros of Silk Filled Comforters
- Lightweight: You will feel you are sleeping in the clouds because of light weight of silk. Besides, silk can keep people cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Breathable: Silk sheets are composed of many layers of silk, usually about 150 high-quality quilts, allowing it absorb water from the body and release it into the air. Thus, silk sheets are a good choice for users who suffer night sweats or hot flashes.
- Good for Allergy and Asthma Sufferers: Silk contains natural protein and amino acids which can repel dust mites, mold and mildew. Thus, it is good for eligible patients. Besides, silk fibers are lighter than the down fibers.
- Good for Skin: Natural amino acids found in silk might delay skin wrinkles and help alleviate joint pain, asthma, atherosclerosis and insomnia. Silk contains natural cellular protein fibers. It is said that the cellular protein fibers can slow down skin aging and contribute to the health of the skin by accelerating the metabolism of skin cells.
- Long Life: High quality silk has a long life.
In general, as one of the natural miracle products, silk is soft and smooth and is the world’s strongest natural fiber. China has guarded silk and its manufacturing methods for more than 2000 years. Now, all this is not a secret. Silk is common throughout the world.