Do you know how to iron luxury fabric such as raw silk garment(an untreated fabric)? As a matter of fact, if you want to iron raw silk without scorching it, you need an accurate ironing program to suppress the fabric. And here, you can take the following solution to easily complete this task.
Step to Iron Raw Silk
- Set the iron to the minimum temperature, for overheated iron may cause the fabric to turn yellow or fade.
- Add water to the iron vapor to generate steam before pressing the garment. Note: water droplets can damage the fabric.
- Turn the raw silk products over, and then carefully place it on the ironing board with the raw silk down on the towel.
- Perform the Iron Patch Test. Place a handkerchief on the inner corner of the fabric at first, and then iron it to see how the fabric reacts to the iron.
- Place a damp, lint-free cloth such as a diaper or old cotton sheet on top of the garment.
- Use a long sliding stroke to press the garment. Note: do not let the iron stays on the fabric for more than a few seconds. Otherwise, silk will be scorched, stretched, and burned.
- After each use, be sure to empty your hot metal.
- It is recommended to store the raw silk in a cotton fabric garment bag.
- If the clothing is dirty, do not iron it. Iron heat will stain.