Can you tell the difference between silk sheets or satin sheets?
When it comes to talk about satin sheets, most people think satin sheets are shiny, slippery, hot, and synthetic. On the other hand, they think silk sheets are always breathable and 100% natural!
- Shiny and slippery fabric is usually a satin ‘weave’.
- Satin sheets are most often associated with polyester or poly-blends.
- Silk sheets will not slip around because the twisted threads ‘catch’ each other.
- Silk sheets are 100% mulberry.
- Silk sheets are light, soft and very breathable.
- Silk sheets can regulate your body temperature. It keeps you warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
- Silk sheets are cool to the touch, but they can retain warmth better than many other fabrics. Therefore, they are used for thermal underwear for skiers and hikers and are loved by those that are very hot sleepers including menopausal women.