Silk skirt is very beautiful. However, it is really difficult to wash silk skirt because it is so fragile. And, there are different ways to deal with different colors. Some useful tips are shown below.
Tips for Washing Silk Skirts
- Before washing your silk, you have to carefully read its care instructions. If it says “Dry clean only”, you should send it to a dry cleaner.
- For washable silk, you can wash it with cold water and gentle detergent, and separate it from the family laundry.
- If you want to remove stains from silk skirt, you had better send it to dry cleaner for adding water to stains on silk can make stains more difficult to remove
- Do not twist or wring it.
- Do not use any bleach a silk skirt.
- Do not dry the silk skirt in the sun because the sun can fade the dye or cause the white silk to turn yellow.