Momme (mm) Weight is used to measure silk fabrics quality , the weight in pounds of a piece of fabric if it were sized 45 inches by 100 yards.
One momme = 4.340 grams per square meter;
Silk generally falls into a range of 6 momme to 30 momme. The typical momme weight range for a common silk types are:
- Charmeuse Silk – 16 to 30 momme weight
- Habutai silk – 5 to 16 momme weight
- Raw silk – 35 to 40 momme weight
- Chiffon – 6 to 8 momme weight
- Gauze – 3 to 5 momme weight
For bedding, silk with a 22 momme weight is generally considered to provide the best balance of strength, aesthetics and affordability.
At PandaSilk.com, we provide 19mm, 22 mm & 25mm seamless silk bedding sets.