Can You Wash 100% Silk
Although silk is a very delicate material, we can wash it with some care and special attention. We should check the tag to see the manufacturer’s recommended method of cleaning before washing it. If it says “Dry Clean Only,” we had better send it to a good dry cleaner.
For washable silk, we had better wash it by hand.
- Fill a large basin or bowl with lukewarm or cold water to submerge the silk.
- Add a few drops of gentle detergent to the basin of water.
- Let the silk soak for about 3 minutes to let the soap interact with it.
- Rinse the silk with cold water.
- Absorb the excess moisture with a towel.
- Hang it to dry.