If you know the difference between different types of silk, you can quickly find a right one while buying silk product.
Charmeuse, light and elastic, is a familiar method of weaving silk fibers. Charmeuse weave is perhaps the most versatile type of silk fabric. Charmeuse offers a natural combination of features that makes it difficult to beat for many purposes, and it can be used from clothing to sleep masks to bedding. You can look at charmeuse if you’ve ever seen silk with one shiny side and one dull side. Note: not all charmeuse is created equal. Charmeuse weave silk, created with a traditional narrow loom, offers a deeper, more luxurious fabric than modern and less expensive “seamless” charmeuse weave silk.
Mulberry silk, named for the mulberry leaves the uniquely bred silkworms feed on, is still a charmeuse silk technically. The difference in silk quality comes from a unique kind of silkworms, cultivated for over 5000 years. Mulberry silk is the most sought and the finest silk in the world because of the careful breeding, strict diet, and attention to detail.
Here, we offer top-quality mulberry silk sheets to give you a comfortable and luxurious sleeping experience.
Tussah silk, collected from the wild, lacks the consistent quality. However, on average, tussah silk is a harsher, less durable silk.
Habotai, a medium-quality silk, sacrifices the durability of mulberry silk for a major cut in expense. Sand-wash a lower grade silk until achieves a softness comparable to higher quality silks, making habotai silk. This process will damage the silk fibers. Thus, habotai lacks durability.
Dupioni is a strong and pretty silk. But it is harsh to the touch. Dupioni silk is used to as decorations. Dupioni lacks in insulation quality, offering little protection against the elements.
- Different Types Of Silk Fabric With Pictures
- Different Types Of Fibers With Pictures & Their Properties
- Different Types Of Synthetic Fibres With Pictures & Their Uses
- Different Types Of Woven Fabric With Pictures & Their Uses
- Different Types Of Indian Silk Sarees With Pictures
- Different Types Of Clothing Materials With Pictures & Their Uses
- Different Types of Bed Sheet Fabrics & Materials
- Different Materials Of Sleepwear; Different Types Of Sleepwear
- Silk Sleepwear Nightwear Buying Guide – Different Types of Sleepwear
- Different Types of Bed Sheets: Microfiber, Cotton, Bamboo & Silk