Do you know how to clean silk garments like silk dress and silk nightwear? Maybe, some users always turn to dry cleaner for help since they think handing washing will damage the delicate fabric. Of course, those people have to spend much money cleaning it. However, you can follow the instructions below to remove stains from silk by yourself.
Steps to Clean Silk Garments
- Apply a little Woolite to the stain.
- After a few minutes, pour warm water into a bath.
- Mix 1/4 a capful of Woolite with 2 tbsp. of vinegar, and add the mixture to the bath.
- Rinse the silk item in the solution. Note: the silk item cannot stay in the solution for more than 5 to 6 minutes.
- Rinse the dress with cold water for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Place silk dress in a clean towel, and roll up them to remove water.
- Hang the clothes near the heater to let it dry.
- Do not wring or twist your silk dress.
- Do not place your silk dress in the palace with direct sunlight. This will damage the silk.