What is your sleeping position? People choose sleeping position, depending on the feel of the most comfortable. Generally, we should consider whether our sleeping position will affect our health.
It is important to get a good night’s sleep. It also is important to get a right sleep.
Before we snooze, we should not use mobile phone or drink herbal tea. However, do you know which side should we be sleeping on?
- Sleeping on left side can prompt optimum health and wellness according to recent studies.
- Sleeping on left side is good for your neck and back and is supposed to put the least pressure on your spine. Sleeping on your front can be bad news for your neck and back, and sleeping on your back is not good for your hips and upper back.
- Sleeping on left side can help to relive snoring and breathing problems. You can try sleeping on your left side if you are disturbed by snoring or if you feel congested and stuffy at night, for it not only allows optimum airflow to your lungs but also prevents your tongue obstructing your breathing by lolling to the back of your throat.
- Sleeping on left side can reduce heartburn and aids digestive health. Sleeping on left side can aid natural digestive flow because of the layout of the intestines, helping your body to process food waste more quickly. This helps avoid the pain and discomfort of constipation because food can get from A to B quicker.
- Sleeping on left side is a good option for pregnant women. Mothers can sleep on their left side to encourage healthy blood flow, which will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta. Besides, sleeping on left side can minimize back pain.