If you don’t want to spend money buying queen size fitted bed sheets, you can make it by yourself.
- Trim a rectangle of 75 inches wide and 102 inches long from fabric.
- Measure and mark 11 x 11 inches on each corner, creating a square in all four corners.
- Cut the square from each corner, leaving a 1/4-inch seam allowance.
- Pin each of the four corners together, and make sure right sides facing.
- Sew the raw edges with zigzag stitch.
- Turn 1/4 inch, and sew with a straight stitch.
- Roll up 1/2 inch twice around fabric and pin.
- Measure 10 inches from each side of the corner seam and mark it. Finally, we will get eight marks.
- Sew bottom hem at each of marks, leaving a 1-inch opening.
- Trim the elastic into four 14-inch sections.
- Place a piece of elastic into an opening, around the corner and out of the other opening.
- Pull elastic to make it is slightly stretched, and fix each end in place.
- Stitch two openings, including elastic ends, which can secure the elastic and gather the fabric slightly.
- For the other three corners, repeat Step 11, Step 12 and Step 13.
- Trim away the excess elastic sticking out of finished seams.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: