Everyone likes silk robe, because it is very comfortable to wear. However, it is difficult to clean silk robe because it is very fragile. And, some silk robes only allow dry cleaning. However, taking silk to dry cleaner is not always a wise choice for some manufactures provide a cheaper hand sanitizer to clean the silk robe. Now, a useful solution is recommended here to help you effectively clean your silk robe by yourself.
Steps to Wash Silk Robes
- Remove all items from the silk robe.
- Pour warm water into a sink, and add 1tablespoon baby shampoo in it. Next, stir the water to create soap suds.
- Gently move the silk robe in the soapy water for about two minutes.
- Use warm water to replace the soapy water, and rinse the silk robe with the warm water to remove soap suds.
- Place the silk robe in the middle of two towels. Gently pat the towel to absorb excess water from the robe for 30 minutes.
- Place the damp silk robe on a hard surface and dry out the wrinkles.
- You can also dry-clean a silk robe if needed.
- Never use bleach on silk garments.
- Never wring or twist silk robe after washing for that can wrinkle the fabric.