Comforter is used in America, people in UK say duvet, people in Australia say doona or quilt. No matter how we speak, there are 3 main factors we need to take into consideration when buying: size, cover and filling.
Which size of comforter fits your bed?
It’s wise to measure your bed dimension before choosing the right comforter size in the market. Comforter sizes correspond with bed sizes: twin, full, queen, king, and cal-king. Comforter sizes run slightly larger than mattress sizes to allow for draping over the sides of the bed. Typical sizes in the United States for comforters are:
- Twin = 64″ (163 cm) width × 87″ (221 cm) length
- Queen / Full = 87″ (221 cm) width × 87″ (221 cm) length
- King = 101″ (257 cm) width × 90″ (229 cm) length.
What is the best comforter comforter cover?
The cover of comforter matters. There are cheap cotton fabric duvet covers or high-end silk fabric duvet covers.
What is the best comforter filling?
- Cotton – warm; cheap; moderate breathability
- Down – very warm, especially good for cold winter nights; very expensive; low breathability
- Silk – warm; not expensive ; high breathability & hypoallergenic.
If you money is not tight, silk filling is the best choice – which keeps a balance of warmth and comfortability. Our silk filled comforter features a wide range of silk inserts.
- What’s Down Fill Power: Down Comforter Buying Guide
- Natural Comforter Buying Guide: Silk or Wool
- Types of Blankets – Blanket Buying Guide
- Ultimate Silk Bedding Buying Guide
- Silk Comforter Silk Duvet Buying Guide