To remove stains from some delicate fabrics like silk, you must be very careful. Although ribbons are easily stained with dust, these stains can be easily removed as long as you use a correct cleaning procedure. Some useful tips are shown below.
- Use a non-alkaline soap (such as ivory liquid soap or baby shampoo) to hand wash the ribbon in warm water. Never soak it in water more than a few minutes. Add some borax in hard water areas.
- Replace soapy water with clean water, and then rinse the ribbon. In this step, you can add a few tablespoons of white vinegar to remove the soap from the silk. Vinegar can improve the cleaning power of silk.
- Drain the vinegar water. Mix a few drops of conditioner with water, and then use the mixture to rinse ribbon, for this solution can add extra softness.
- Place the ribbon on a clean towel to dry it. Never wring it.
- Use a press cloth and low heat to iron silk. Do not use dryers for its high heat will shrink silk. However, when you shower, you can hang silk in the bathroom to remove creases.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: