Sleep is important for everyone, especially for babies and young children. Sleep time and sleep quality directly affect the baby’s physical growth and mental development. Here are some alternative things you can do to enhance your baby’s mental and physical development.
1. Selecting Suitable Bed Sheets and Pajamas
Sleeping on healthy and comfortable bedding helps promote better sleep at night. Silk bed sheets and silk pajamas for young children are one of the best choices since silk is soft and smooth. Besides, silk bedding can ease insomnia.
2. Creating Quiet Sleep Environment
- The baby’s bedroom should have curtains to provide good shading.
- Do not let your baby get too excited before going to sleep.
- Do not speak loudly.
- Do not watch TV or listen to music loudly.
3. Giving Baby a “Transitional Object”
Put a blanket, a stuffed animal or other items with you for a little time to make it is infected with “Mom smell”. Then, give this “transitional object” to your baby, making your baby feel secure and sleep well.
4. Doing Infant Massage
As we know, mother can cultivate intimacy between mother and child through skin contact. Therefore, mother can insist on doing infant massage to make baby feel safe, relaxed and stable.