No doubt, sleeping on a neat and comfy bed at night will help us unwind from the day. In general, as long as we put sheets on bed correctly, we can enjoy sleeping on a neatly made bed every night.
In order to make your bed properly, you have to strip the sheets down every time.
If you use fitted sheets, you can leave it on and simply make sure it is secure and smooth it out with your hands.
Hospital Corners Method
- To properly apply the mattress sheet, place the flat sheet out on the bed and center it on the mattress. The sheet should hang in equal amounts on the sides and ends of the mattress.
- Fold the section hanging over the head and food of the mattress separately.
- Tightly tuck in the side pieces starting from the head of the mattress until you reach the foot.
- Smooth the top surface of the mattress with your hand.
- Repeat these steps for the opposite side.
Put Cover Sheet
Put cover sheet on bed, leaving the head exposed so that you may get in.
- Place the cover sheet out on the bed and center it.
- Fold the sheet’s head down until it exposes approximately a foot of the mattress sheet.
- Smooth out the sheet’s surface.
- Tuck in the foot end of the sheet.
- Tightly and smoothly tuck in the side while using your hand to keep the surface smooth.
- Apply the blankets or comforters.
Usually thicker comforters are covered and smooth with loose hanging ends.
Thinner blankets can be placed in hospital corner fashion as well.