Bathrobe plays a big part in our life. For instance, people will wear it at the end of the day. And, it is very easy to make a bathrobe sash if it has gone missing.
How to Make Bathrobe Sash
- Cut two strips of sash fabric, 5 inches wide and 36 inches long.
- Place the two strips together and let the right side face, and fix a short end together. Sew the pinned edge with a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Open the sewn strip and iron the seams open.
- Fold the strip in half with the right sides together. Fix the edges together. Along the pinned short ends and the pinned long edge, sew a 1/2 inch seam allowance with a 4 inches opening in the center of the long edge.
- Clip the corners, turn the sash right side out through the 4 inches opening, and iron it. Fix the opening closed. Sew around 4 edges of the sash.
How to Make Bathrobe Belt Loops
- Cut two strips of bias tape, 1 inch wide and 5 inches long.
- Fold one bias tape piece in half, iron the fold and pin. Sew the side seams along the pined edge.
- Use a seam ripper to open 1/2 inch in the side seams of the bathrobe, 6 inches below the armholes.
- Fold a belt loop halfway to match the short end. Insert the short 1/2 inch into the 1/2 inch opening of the side seam, and then fix the seam on the inside of the bathrobe. Stitch the internal suture and fix the ends of the loop.