Bathrobe plays a big part in our life. For instance, people will wear it at the end of the day. And, it is very easy to make a bathrobe sash if it has gone missing.
How to Make Bathrobe Sash
- Cut two strips of sash fabric, 5 inches wide and 36 inches long.
- Place the two strips together and let the right side face, and fix a short end together. Sew the pinned edge with a 1/2 inch seam allowance. Open the sewn strip and iron the seams open.
- Fold the strip in half with the right sides together. Fix the edges together. Along the pinned short ends and the pinned long edge, sew a 1/2 inch seam allowance with a 4 inches opening in the center of the long edge.
- Clip the corners, turn the sash right side out through the 4 inches opening, and iron it. Fix the opening closed. Sew around 4 edges of the sash.
How to Make Bathrobe Belt Loops
- Cut two strips of bias tape, 1 inch wide and 5 inches long.
- Fold one bias tape piece in half, iron the fold and pin. Sew the side seams along the pined edge.
- Use a seam ripper to open 1/2 inch in the side seams of the bathrobe, 6 inches below the armholes.
- Fold a belt loop halfway to match the short end. Insert the short 1/2 inch into the 1/2 inch opening of the side seam, and then fix the seam on the inside of the bathrobe. Stitch the internal suture and fix the ends of the loop.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: