Make yourself comfortable while on the road by carrying your own travel-size pillows. DIY sewing a pillow case for your travel pillow is easy to do.
How to sew a travel size pillowcase
- Measure the size of the travel pillow the pillow case will go on. Most travel pillows are 12 by 16 inches.
- Select the design and type of fabric to make the pillow case from. For example, make the pillow case from cotton or flannel.
- Cut the pieces of fabric about two inches larger than the size of your pillow.
- Lay one piece of the fabric face up. Lay the second piece of the fabric face down on top of it.
- Sew about a half inch from the edge all around three of the four sides, leaving one of the 12 inch sides open. This is where you insert the pillow.
- Turn the pillow case inside out, so now the print of the fabric is showing.
- Apply the hook side of the Velcro Fabric Fusion tape to the inside of the opening along the edge by removing the liner. Repeat on the other inside edge with the loop side of the tape.
- Using an iron with steam, run the iron over both pieces of Velcro for 90 seconds to keep it in place. Attach the Velcro pieces together to seal your pillow. This helps keep the pillow in the case when on the road.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: