Newborn baby also can wear some soft and comfortable nightgowns. Besides, these baby nightgowns are easy to put on and take off. What’s more, the gathered skirt portion of the nightgown is able to prevent baby kicking their feet out.
Steps To Make A Suitable Baby Nightgown
- Use a fabric to make a 24-inch wide and 28-inch long rectangle. Put the right sides together, and sew the long side together with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
- Fold hem over 1/4 inch and iron it. Fold the hem more than one inch and sew using a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Leave a small, two-inch gap in the hem where you can wear an elastic thread through it.
- Stitch the two pins to the other side of the skirt about 1/2 inch away from each other and from the top edge 1/2 inch. Gather the top of the fabric by pulling the loose strings. Gather the skirt tight enough to make it is just as wide as the middle of the onsie.
- Cut off the lower part, just under the arm. Then sew the gathered part of the skirt to the onsie with 1/2 inch seam allowance.
- Place the 14-inch elastic thread through the hem hole, stitch the ends of the elasticity together, and sew the opening closed.